The company aims to make work simple for all users with the launch of various models under four product groups: G Series Mini Ink, Business Ink Tank, Laser Printer, and a Desktop Large Format Printer
Canon Marketing (Thailand) Co., Ltd. (Canon) held its major press conference to reveal its successful product development concepts that have driven Canon to become the No.1 printer brand in Thailand since 2000. Continuing its reign, the company maintained its top position in 2022. At this event, Canon showcased its business direction in 2023 to further establish its presence in the Thai printer market across all segments, with a particular focus on the B2B market in the post-pandemic era. The company also introduced its new “All Problems Canceled with Canon Printer” marketing campaign. The press conference featured a showcase of Canon’s wide-ranging printing solutions that cater to diverse user needs. Additionally, Canon took the opportunity to introduce its latest printer models — Mini Ink printers from the new G-Series, as well as business ink tank printers, laser printers, and a brand-new desktop large format printer.
Mr. Hiroshi Yokota, President and CEO, Canon Marketing (Thailand) Co., Ltd., said,“This year, Canon is ready to lead the printer market again. We have been Thailand’s No.1 printer brand since 2000. In 2022, we once again secured our position at the top, capturing over 32% market share. In 2023, we are ready to serve our consumers in all segments through 4 effective business strategies: Meeting the demands from all user groups through market insights; Optimizing our supply to serve customer needs; Developing high-quality products that are simple to use; and forging a network of reliable service partners. Compared to rival brands, Canon has the most service centers with over 164 service partner sites spanning across 77 provinces. To further expand our reach, we target 180 sites by year’s end, aiming at facilitating our customers across regions.”
Unveiling Canon’s printer business direction in 2023
Most people, especially those in the labor market, resume their pre-pandemic activities and on-site work in 2023, driving the growth of customers in the B2B market. Simultaneously, the B2C market continues to experience steady growth. Data from the Office of Small and Medium Enterprise Promotion (OSMEP) in 2022 reveals the substantial increase in Thai SMEs following the pandemic. The recorded number of SMEs soared to 72,480 in 2022, marking a notable increase from 58,058 SMEs in 2021. The 2022 data also illustrates that the construction business accounts for 9% of all SMEs, followed by real estate at 6% and the food business at 4%.
“Canon recognizes SMEs as one of the main economic drivers for Thailand. Therefore, we are ramping up our efforts to support B2B customers by expanding our product lineup for this specific segment,” explained Mr. Hiroshi Yokota adding that “Nevertheless, we realize that the hybrid work and work-from-home models are expected to persist as the new normal. The B2C market remains one of our top priorities. We have a strong presence in the B2C market and will continue to serve this group with our comprehensive product offerings.”
Canon possesses a comprehensive portfolio of Inkjet printers, including the TS Series, G Series, E Series, and GX Series, alongside versatile laser printers, enabling the company to cater to customers across all segments. Its extensive lineup is designed to meet the diverse needs of both home users and professionals, encompassing businesses of all sizes, from small enterprises to government agencies.
Launching the mega marketing campaign: “All Problems Canceled with Canon Printer”
“At Canon, we are committed to creating products that are simple and easy to use. We know that everyday work can be stressful. Our goal is to make sure everyone can use our printers with ease. Our printers are designed to give users peace of mind and make their lives easier. In line with this vision, this year, we launched the “All Problems Canceled with Canon Printer” Campaign,” stated Ms. Netnarin Chancharassuk, Senior Director – Consumer Imaging Information Product Group of Canon Marketing (Thailand) Co., Ltd.
Canon develops products based on consumer behavior. The company addresses the unique pain points of each consumer group. The company offers highly efficient, value-for-money products. The company create values that cater to five user groups:
- Students >> Limited budget >> Value: Good long-term investment
- Home Users >> Varied volume of printing >> Value: Easy and convenient solution
- Office workers or Start-ups >> Complicated usage and difficult-to-solve printing issues on their own >> Value: Simple usage with easy problem-solving steps
- SMEs >> Require different types of printing >> Value: Time saving printing solution, ensuring smooth business operations
- Printing professionals >> Require high-quality work >> Value: Comprehensive support for all professional tasks
At the press conference, Canon introduced a range of new printer models across four product groups, all with the shared goal of simplifying the printing experience for consumers of various segments.
- MINI INK Printers (G1730, G2730, and G3730): Designed for both B2C and small B2C business groups such as small online shops, these printers stand out with low-cost ink bottles and easy-to-replace maintenance cartridges. Featuring simple operation, the printers deliver impressive printing quality.
- BUSINESS INK TANK Printers (GX3070 and GX4070): This series caters to B2B, SMEs, and Home Office users, offering high-quality output, greater cost efficiency, and easy maintenance.
- FULL-RANGELASER Printers: In the first half of 2023, Canon also launched 13 new laser printers:
- 6 new laser printers: LBP121dn / LBP122dw / LBP361dw / LBP456w / LBP458x / LBP 722cx
- 7 new multi-function laser printers: MF271dn / MF272dw / MF274dn / MF275dw / MF264dwII / MF266dnII / MF269dwII
The new lineup caters to diverse businesses including small offices, large enterprises, factories, hospitals, and government agencies.
- DESKTOP LARGE FORMAT Printer (TC-20M): This space-saving model produces enlarged prints of excellent quality making it a worthwhile investment.
The “All Problems Canceled with Canon Printer” press event featured an extensive product and solution showcase catering to B2C, B2B, and B2G markets. The exhibition garnered significant interest from Canon’s leading dealers. Apart from the showcase, Canon also highlighted its sustainable “Recycle Campaign” and introduced its innovative vending machine services, among others, further solidifying Canon’s leading position in the Thai printer market. Canon stands apart as the only brand with a diverse product portfolio capable of serving all segments. This accomplishment is reinforced by robust supply and Canon’s largest network of service partner centers.
For more details, please check out at